July 15, 2009

The Internet V/S internet

Really, The Internet is differ from internet???

Ans is Yes.

If you searched this topic on Internet, you will get various answers. Some says both are same, some says both are different.

I said both terms are differ from each other. Let me explain, when I was studying my MCA course, I read the book "Computer Networks - A. S. Tanenbaum". With reference of this book, I can say internet (small 'i') means the network of network, is also called internetwork. We can say internet is the collection of LANs, MANs and WANs. This means that, internet is the physically present, but The Internet (or simply Internet) is not hardware system. It is the collection of different networks that use certain common protocols and provide certain common services. We use internet to access The Internet. Alternatively we use the term World Wide Web (WWW or Web) in place of The Internet.

No comments:

Popular Posts